Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I have definite plans of attending college after I graduate from my high school, Spring Woods. I have always dreamed of going to Rice University http://www.rice.edu/and I am not quite sure why, I just always have. When my parents would ask me where I wanted to go to college, I would always say, with no hesitation, Rice. They have a great school and when I think of college I think of the Rice campus. Its location is near home, it's right across the street from the zoo, Miller Outdoor Theater, it's basically in the Museum District and it's like 5 minutes away from Downtown. I have just always thought it would be a great place to go to college. Plus Rice offers both of the majors I am interested in. The only downfall is that they do not have Division Softball. At this time last year, that was perfectly fine. Actually about three months ago that was perfectly fine because I had no intention of playing college softball. But I joined my tournament team and have worked really hard to better myself and every step of it has been extremely fun and therefore my thoughts on college softball have changed. Because I think I would now like to play college softball, I have really looked into other colleges that I thought would be great schools to attend. One of those colleges, one I thought would be really fun to attend, would be LSU http://www.lsu.edu/. They have an amazing softball program as well as an amazing all-around sports program http://www.lsusports.net/SportSelect. They too offer both of the majors I have looked into and my dad and all of his buddies have been MAJOR Tiger fans for as long as I can remember. Another school I would be pleased to attend would be Baylor University in Waco, Texas. My best friends sister is currently enrolled and her brother just recently graduated from there and they both love(d) it. I went up there last year for the Bears Homecoming and it was so much fun. We saw the parade, Pigskin (short little plays created and performed by the sorrorities and fraternities), the bonfire and hung out in the dorms. It was the coolest experience ever! So my options are still opened and I will probably attend the college that offers me the largest scholarship, but all in all these are my top three!

No comments: